Search This Blog

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Nausea and chemo update

Went to DFCI today with mom to see the Nurse Practioner. My friend came to the rescue today and really came through with transportation in the early morning. We were at the hospital today from 9-4. They gave her IV fluids and nausea meds for 4 hours.

Tomorrow morning my aunt is going with the help of our friends (thank you Raemon bhai) for mom's second chemo treatment.

She has been throwing up since Saturday the 13th. The chemo is not the cause of it since Gemzar has side effects but not THIS severe. I ran into Dr. A when getting some food today in the cafeteria (I was zoning out and he actually startled me) and he said this nausea is due to the tumor itself. The obstructions in her pancreatic ducts are the major problem. They don't want to delay the treatment. It could really help her. Her blood counts are fine so they feel comfortable proceeding.

Her NP helped tweak her nausea regimen and we put her on some new stuff (4 new things). They're not working tonight...we'll see what happens tomorrow.

It is time for bed, I shall update after her second chemo infusion tomorrow.
Inshallah this nausea will go away. I want her to be able to eat more than a popsicle.

No comments:

Post a Comment